Pre-Feasibility and Feasibility studies
- Advise and recommend on Rock Engineering issues during the setting up of bankable document.
- Geotechnical characterization of rock masses.
- Design of Open Pits, portholes, decline and incline shafts.
Open Pit and slope design
- Determination of factors of safety, slope angles.
- Rock mass classification.
- Failure assessment, analysis and remedial action.
Research and Development
- Concept formulation.
- Product development.
- Participation in Research work.
Training and Education
- Advise training departments on local induction course material.
- Needs based training. (i.e. Implementation of Preconditioning,
- Crew training on rock related hazard assessment and treatment)
Codes of Practice
- External reviewing of mandatory codes of practice.
- Compilation of codes of practice.
- Determine the client's needs for rock engineering input and potential staffing.
Seminar and conference arrangement
- Arrange and participate in the arrangement of local and international seminars and conferences.